A lush gothic fantasy about monsters and magic, set on the banks of a cursed lake. Perfect for fans of Brigid Kemmerer and Naomi Novik.
There are monsters in the world.
When Violeta Graceling arrives at haunted Lakesedge estate, she expects to find a monster. She knows the terrifying rumors about Rowan Sylvanan, who drowned his entire family when he was a boy. But neither the estate nor the monster are what they seem.
There are monsters in the woods.
As Leta falls for Rowan, she discovers he is bound to the Lord Under, the sinister death god lurking in the black waters of the lake. A creature to whom Leta is inexplicably drawn…
Now, to save Rowan—and herself—Leta must confront the darkness in her past, including unraveling the mystery of her connection to the Lord Under.
There’s a monster in the shadows, and now it knows my name.
Praise for Lakesedge
2021 Book Shimmy Awards Semi-Finalist – Best Villain
A Dymocks Books and Barnes & Noble bestseller
- “Brooding and atmospheric.” —Kirkus
- “This fantasy will please readers looking for a shadowy ambience.”— Bulletin of the Center for Children’s Books
- “A linguistically lush fantasy.” —Publishers Weekly
- “Lakesedge is an intense tale of mystery and magic that will have lovers of gothic romance eager for the next installment.” —Juliet Marillier, author of the Blackthorn & Grim and Warrior Bards series
- “Bloody, sumptuous, and as timeless as a fairy tale.” —April Genevieve Tucholke, author of The Boneless Mercies
- “A shadow-drenched fairytale that readers will happily devour.” —Emily Lloyd-Jones, author of The Bone Houses
- “A strong, lyrical debut from a rising star to watch.” —S.T. Gibson, author of A Dowry of Blood
- “Reminiscent of the romantically gothic atmosphere of the Phantom of the Opera.” —Dawn Kurtagich, author of And the Trees Crept In and The Dead House